MKM: Media Kesehatan Masyarakat
MKM: Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Journal publishes articles in public health areas including Public Health Nutrition, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Promotion, Behavioral Science, Health Policy and Administration, Environmental Health, Occupational Health and Safety, and Sexual and Reproductive Health.
The guideline below should be applied before submitting manuscripts:
- Submitted articles must be research articles that are free of plagiarism. The articles should not have been previously published or be under consideration for publication in another journal. Turnitin will check each submitted article and authors must include proof of similarity results <25% . Articles with a similarity score of >25% will be automatically rejected.
- WARNING: Authors found to have intentionally manipulated the manuscripts to reduce the plagiarism score will be blacklisted from the MKM journal. The manipulation includes writing wrong words or sentences on purpose, putting white dots or commas between words, and/or other dishonest tricks.
- The components of the article must comply with the following conditions.
- The title is written in Indonesian or English with a maximum of 20 words.
- The author’s identity is written under the title, including name, affiliation, correspondence address, and e-mail.
- The abstract is written in English with a maximum of 250 words. The abstract should be one paragraph covering the introduction, aim, method, results, and conclusion with a maximum of 5 (five) keywords separated by a comma. The abstract should be typed with 11-pt and single-spaced
- The introduction contains background, brief, and relevant literature review and the aim of the study.
- The method includes research design, population, sample, data sources, techniques/instruments of data collection, data analysis procedure, and ethics.
- The results are research findings and should be clearly and concisely written. If there are tables needed, authors should present them in single-spaced. Age, sex, and socio-economic status can be put in a table titled characteristics of respondents, while descriptive and other analyses can be drawn in separate tables.
- The discussion should demonstrate an argumentative explanation relevant to the findings. Authors are required to compare findings with any relevant theory and prior research. Statistical results in numbers should not be written in this section.
- The conclusion should answer problems or refer to the aims of the study mentioned in the background. This section is written in the form of narration.
- Abbreviations consist of abbreviations mentioned in the article (from Abstract to Conclusion).
- Ethics Approval is obtained from the institution, and informed consent should be received from research subjects.
- The author(s) should declare competing interests (if there is any) about accepted manuscripts.
- Acknowledgment specifies thank-you notes to all parties supporting the research.
- References should be written in Vancouver style superscript. Recent journals cited are preferably dated in the last 10 years.
- Every reference cited in the text should be presented in the reference list (and vice versa).
- The number of references must be typed consecutively following the whole manuscript.
- Please write the last name and the first name, and initials, if any, with a maximum of 6 (six) authors' names. If more than 6 (six) authors, the following author should be written with “et al..”
- The first letter of reference title should be capitalized, and the remaining should be written in lowercase letters, except the name of person, place, and time. Latin terms should be written in italics. The title should not be underlined and written in bold.
- URL of the referred article should be provided.
- When referencing in the body of text, use superscript after full stop (.), e.g.: ..... .1
- Example of References :
Journal Article :
Isroin L, Suandika M. Behavior problem impact to decreasing kidney function among migrant workers. Kesmas: National Public Health Journal. 2019; 14(1): 1-8. Available from: http://journal.fkm.ui.ac.id/kesmas/article/view/2720/915
Hoq MN. Effects of Son Preference on Contraceptive Use in Bangladesh. Kesmas: National Public Health Journal. 2019; 14(1): 21-7. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.21109/kesmas.v14i1.2848
Grech ED. ABC of interventional cardiology. 2nd ed. Chichester: Wiley Blackwell; 2011. Available from: https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/imperial/detail.action?docID=822522
Online article :
Pullen LC. Antibiotic resistance continues to be a problem in children. Medscape; 2017. Available from: https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/860801
Thesis and Dissertation :
Slawsky E. An evaluation of greenspace exposure as a protective factor in dementia risk among U.S adults 75 years or older [Thesis]. University of Washington; 2019
- The manuscript should be written using word processors software (Microsoft Word or Open Office) with a one-column format, margin 3cm, double spaced, and maximum 6-10 pages. The font type is Times New Roman with font size 12. The paper size is A4 (e.g., 210 x 297 mm). The manuscript must be submitted via the website https://ejurnal.undana.ac.id/MKM/about/submissions. Please include Ethics Approval Form in a separate document file in Supplementary Files in PDF format.
Revision of Manuscript
Manuscript revision by the author consists of the revision from the editor’s screening and reviewer’s screening. The editorial team will screen the first time submitted articles under MKM writing guidance. The Editorial will inform authors related to the early screening result via email. The authors are expected to re-send the screening revision file to be reviewed by reviewers. The authors then need to resend the revision. Please inform the editorial by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org once the revision has been sent. If revision files are already uploaded, authors need to re-send both screening and post-review revisions to Editorial by no later than two weeks. If authors do not re-send to editorial for more than 3 (three) months, authors are required to send new submissions.
Manuscript Handling fee
The article processing fee is IDR 150.000,- for authors from Nusa Cendana University and IDR 500.000,- for external authors. Please make a bank transfer payment to BNI account 0436339447. The authors need to send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
Payment of Manuscript Handling Fee
The corresponding author will be contacted to make the manuscript handling fee payment after a manuscript is accepted. The payment option will be only informed for manuscripts that have been accepted for publication.
Bank Transfer BNI: 0436339447 (Helga Ndun)
Copyright and License
- Authors are expected to meet any requirements of the editorial policy and publication ethics before submitting a manuscript.
- Authors grant Media Kesehatan Masyarakat a license to publish the articles and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors give any third party the right to use the articles freely as long as its original authors, citation details, and publisher are specified.
- Authors agree that their articles remain permanently open access under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 International License.
Covering Letter and Statements
Authors must include covering letters in a separate document file containing a summary of scientific findings and upload in Supplementary Files in PDF Format to complete the submission process.
Copy of the Ethical clearance statement for experimental research involving human and/animal samples should be uploaded in a supplementary file.
Guideline for Online Submission
The author should first register as an author.
The authors start a new submission by clicking the New Submission button on the right side of the screen and taking steps 1 of a 5-step process to upload and describe the submission. The following are five steps in the online submission process:
Step 1 - Starting the Submission: Select the Journal Section (Full Article), tick all of the checklists.
Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, make sure to select the article component first. This must be selected before the file is uploaded. Then, click the upload file and proceed with clicking the continue button. After uploading the file, review the name of the file. Use the Edit link to make any changes. Click the ‘Continue’ button. Repeat the process if there are any additional files (e.g., data set or an image) to upload. Click ‘Complete’ once all files have been uploaded. This will close the upload window. The Submit an Article screen will be seen with uploaded files. If changes are needed, expand the blue arrow to the left and make any changes using the Edit link. Click ‘Save and Continue.’
Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: In this step, add more information about the submission, including the submission title, the abstract, and additional contributors. Click the ‘Add Contributors’ link to add more contributors. Click ‘Save’ after entering necessary information related to added contributors. Enter keywords and click ‘Save and Continue.’
Step 4 – Confirming the Submission: Click ‘OK’ to submit the article to the Media Kesehatan Masyarakat journal.
Step 5 – The Submission has been completed: The editor has been notified of the submission. Once the submission has been reviewed, the authors will be contacted. Authors can follow the links provided to review the submission, create a new submission, or return to the dashboard.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors must check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, found in About the Journal.
Authors who publish in "Media Kesehatan Masyarakat" agree to the following terms:
- Authors transfer the copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for this journal's stated purposes. They will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.