The author must first register as an Author (and/or be offered as a Reviewer) through the following address: https://ejurnal.undana.ac.id/LJCH/user/register
Then the author must fill out the form in as much detail as possible, especially those marked with * should be filled in completely. After all forms are filled in, the author clicks on the "Register" to continue registration. Then click on "New Submission", and five (5) steps of the online submission process will appear.
The following are the five steps in the online registration process:
Step 1 - Starting the Submission: check all forms in the checklist, then click “Save and Continue”
Step 2 – Uploading Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, complete the following steps.
- On this page, click Browse (or Choose File) which opens a Choose File window for locating the file on the hard drive of your computer.
- Locate the file you wish to submit and highlight it.
- Click Open on the Choose File window, which places the name of the file on this page.
- Click Upload on this page, which uploads the file from the computer to the journal's web site and renames it following the journal's conventions.
- Once the submission is uploaded, click Save and Continue at the bottom of this page.
Step 3 – Entering the Submission’s Metadata: In this step, the author's metadata details must be entered including the marked corresponding author. After that, the title and the abstract of the manuscript must be uploaded by copying the text and pasting it in the text box including all keywords (maximum of five keywords).
Step 4 – Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including /Submission Letter, Statements, and ethical clearance in any formats but especially PDF format. Therefore, click on the Browse button, choose the files, and then click on the Upload button. Supplementary files include research instruments, data sets, tables, or important figures that cannot be included in the article text, and other materials that contribute to the study. Click “Choose File”, select the file, and then click “Upload”.
Step 5 – Confirming the Submission: The author must check the manuscript document uploaded in this step. To submit your manuscript to LONTAR: JOURNAL OF COMMUNITY HEALTH click Finish Submission. The submission's principal contact will receive an acknowledgment by email and will be able to view the submission's progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web site. Thank you for your interest in publishing with LONTAR: JOURNAL OF COMMUNITY HEALTH.
After this submission, the author who submits the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, the author can track the submission status at any time by logging into the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes the status of the manuscript review and editorial process.
Indicate that this submission is ready to be considered by this journal by checking off the following (comments to the editor can be added below).
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- LJCH: Lontar Journal of Community Health publishes articles in all aspects of public health sciences including Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Education and Behavioral Sciences, Health Policy and Administration, Environmental Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Public Health Nutrition, and Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- Artikel yang dikirim harus berupa artikel penelitian atau artikel ulasan undangan reviewer yang tidak pernah diterbitkan sebelumnya atau saat ini sedang dipertimbangkan untuk dipublikasikan di tempat lain dan bebas dari plagiarisme. Setiap artikel yang dikirim akan diperiksa oleh Turnitin, sebuah aplikasi untuk mendeteksi plagiarisme. Hanya artikel yang terbukti tidak plagiat yang akan diterbitkan. Artikel yang diterima dapat menggunakan Bahasa Indonesia atau Bahasa Inggris, namun lebih diutamakan tulisan yang berbahasa Inggris.
- Submitted articles must be research articles or review articles by an invitation that should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication anywhere else and free of plagiarism. Each submitted article will be checked by Turn It in, an application to detect plagiarism. Only articles that are proven to be non-plagiarism will be published. Articles submitted may use the Indonesian language or English, but preferably written in English.
- Components of Articles
- The title is written in English with a maximum of 16 words.
- The author’s identity is written under the title, which includes name and affiliation. Correspondence address and e-mail are written at the bottom of the first page, as seen in the template.
- Abstract written in English with a maximum of 200 words. The abstract should be one paragraph including background, objectives, methods, results, and conclusions, with a maximum of 5 (five) keywords separated by semicolons.
- The introduction contains background, brief and relevant literature review and the aim of the
- Method includes study design, population, sample, data sources, techniques/ instruments of data collection, data analysis procedure, and ethics.
- The results are research findings and must be written clearly and concisely.
- The discussion should be precise, scientific, and argumentative in defining the results of the study with any relevant theories and prior
- Tables should be single-spaced and numbered consecutively in accordance with the presentation in the text. Figures or diagrams (line charts/graphs, bar charts, and pies) should be original or not taken from books or other references. Make sure each table and figure has separate captions, not attached to the table or figure. If there is a description text, then it is placed separately, not attached to the table or figure. Total tables and figures in the results with a maximum of 6 (six).
- Conclusion and Recommendation (if any), should answer problems of study not exceeding the capacity of finding and not repeating the numbers already present in the results. The recommendation should refer to the aims and conclusions in form of narration, be logical and effective.
- Conflict of Interest: explain the certainty that the article really does not have a conflict of interest whether collaborative or other interests with any parties.
- Acknowledgments (if any): mention thanks to all components that have supported the study including for funding (grants).
- Additional Information confirms the names of authors if the study consists of more than 6 (six) authors and/or other additional information if necessary.
- References should be written in Vancouver style using reference software (Endnote, Mendeley, or Zotero). Articles will be published only if they refer to references that use reference software.
- Please ensure that every reference cited in the text is also present in the references list (and vice versa).
- The reference number must be numbered consecutively in accordance with the whole text and recent journal references are preferred.
- For the author’s name, please write the last name and the first name, and initials if any, with a maximum of 3 (three) names of authors. If more than 3 (three) authors, the following author should be written with “et al”.
- The first letter of reference title should be capitalized and the remaining should be written in lowercase letters, except the name of person, place, and time. Latin terms should be written in italics. The title should not be underlined and written in bold.
- If the article has a URL, please provide it.
- When referencing in the body of text use superscript after the full stop (.), e.g.: ..... .(10). If the sentence stating the other author`s name as the reference, use the reference number by the end of the author`s name then continue the sentence till full stop (.), e.g.: Ndoen,(2)...; or Riwu,et al.,(1)...).
- Journal articles
Cunningham, K. et al. (2017) ‘Maternal and Child Nutrition in Nepal : Examining drivers of progress from the mid-1990s to 2010s’, Global Food Security. Elsevier B.V., 13(January), pp. 30–37. doi: 10.1016/j.gfs.2017.02.001. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gfs.2017.02.001
Jacobs, S. et al. (2014) ‘Physiology & Behavior The impact of maternal consumption of cafeteria diet on reproductive function in the offspring’, Physiology & Behavior. Elsevier Inc., 129, pp. 280–286. doi: 10.1016/j.physbeh.2014.03.003. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physbeh.2014.03.003
Walker, M. (2011) Breastfeeding Management for the Clinician. Second Edi. Ontario: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Online articles
Pullen LC. Antibiotic resistance continues to be a problem in children. Medscape; 2017. Available from: https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/860801
- Thesis dan dissertation
Riwu, R. R. (2013) Hubungan antara Ukuran Tubuh dengan Tingkat Keparahan Demam Berdarah Dengue pada Anak Usia 1-9 Tahun di Kota Kupang. Gadjah Mada University.
- The manuscript should be typed using word processors (Microsoft Word or Open Office) software. The font type for the paper is Times New Roman with font size 12. After the abstract, the article should be in a two-column format with all margins of 3 cm, single spacing, and maximum at 5,000 words; except for table and figure views, it still uses a single-column format. Manuscripts must be submitted via the website https://ojsfkmundana.science/index.php/l. Please include the Covering Letter and Statements and Ethics Approval Form in a separate document file containing the summary of scientific findings and uploaded on Supplementary Files in PDF format.
Revision of manuscript consists of two steps that are editor’s screening revision and reviewer’s screening revision First time submitted articles will be pre-screened by the Editorial Team to comply with the LJCH writing guidelines. The Editorial Team further will inform the results by e-mail. Then the author should correct the manuscript according to the Editorial Team's suggestion, and please kindly re-send the screening revision file by uploading it on the supplementary file at your submission service. Moreover, authors may conduct any revision of post-review by reviewers after Editorial inform results of review through your online service, so keep tracking your online submission service to see the progress of the article process. Please inform Editorial by e-mail ... if the revision file is already uploaded and please kindly re-send both screening and post-review revisions to Editorial by no later than 14 (fourteen) days. If such revisions are not re-sent to Editorial for more than a month, authors are required to send new submissions.
Certificate of acceptance
A Certificate of Acceptance is issued to authors whose manuscript is already reviewed and accepted for publication by the editor.
Copyright and License
- Submission of manuscripts implies that the authors have fulfilled the requirements of editorial policy and publication ethics.
- Authors grant LJCH: Lontar Journal of Community Health a license to publish articles and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and the original authors, citation details, and publisher are identified.
- Authors agree that their articles remain permanently open access under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 International License.
Covering Letter and Statements
Authors must include the documents below separately:
- Covering Letter, which contains a summary of scientific findings and willingness to publish them on LJCH, which can be downloaded [download here].
- Statements (Authenticity and Originality of Research and Free of Plagiarism) which can be downloaded [download here] in a separate document file that contains a summary of scientific findings and uploaded in Supplementary File in PDF Format to complete the submission process.
- Certificate or Statement of Ethical Clearance especially for experimental studies involving humans and/animals.
Authors who publish their articles on LJCH agree to the following terms:
- Authors transfer copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International License which allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., posting it to an institutional repository or publishing it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted to report their research (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published works.
There is no charge to be paid at the time of submission of the article. The authors must pay charges when the article is accepted for publication. The charges are per article as follows:
- Article Submission: 0.00 (IDR)
- Article Publication: 250,000.00 (IDR)
- Authors from Nusa Cendana University Students: 150,000 (IDR)
The Lontar Journal of Community Health is a journal with an academic vision in developing countries. It can be understood that the author with a student background at the University of Nusa Cendana may have limited funds for his research activities. Therefore, we have implemented a generous waiver policy that can offset the payment of manuscript handling fees when their researchers choose to publish their manuscripts in our journal. We aim to accelerate the spread of knowledge through the publication of free and quality research articles, without burdening researchers or their institutions financially. Therefore, we have implemented the following waiver policies.
Authors from Nusa Cendana University Students: IDR 150,000
Writers from Low / Middle-Income Country Students: up to 40% waiver
The Lontar Journal of Community Health is an open-access journal, which means that all content is freely available to readers or their institutions. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search for, or link to the full text of articles in this journal without asking the publisher or author's prior permission.
Payment of Manuscript Handling Fee
Once the manuscript has been accepted, the corresponding author will be contacted to make the required payment of the manuscript handling fee. Please note that on the manuscript management system, the payment option is only activated for manuscripts that have been accepted for publication.
Bank Account: CIMB NIAGA 706 384 366 400 (Serlie K.A. Littik)
then please send the proof of payment to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org